Thursday, August 25, 2016

Funny Parenting Reads

When I first became pregnant, I grabbed every last pregnancy book I could get my hands on. I downloaded apps and overloaded on all things pregnancy. After I had my darling daughter, I found very little time to read. Most of my parenting advice came straight from my own mom. I mean, she did raise three kids and I'm sure somewhere along the way, she picked up on a couple things. As I started to get into my own groove of parenting, I went on a search for parenting books that made me laugh and not embarrassed (or ashamed) by the fact that I forget almost everything and I'm not all that organized. I'm just your average mom and I am proud of that.

If you're a mom or dad and you want something that will keep you laughing as you unwind (what's that?), check out these books. They are sure to keep you snickering and there are some good tips in there too!

Books for Moms: 
I Want My Epidural Back: Adventures in Mediocre Parenting by Karen Alpert
Confessions of a Slacker Mom by Muffy Mead-Ferro 

Books for Dads: 


Daddy Needs a Drink by Robert Wilder
Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan

If you are looking for something more serious on parenting, I do have two recommendations. One is a book that I've purchased and hold onto for dear life. The other is quite informative in regards to raising kids in this tech era. 


The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell is part of the Five Love Languages series and it obviously gears towards kids. I truly think this series is a life changer for any and all relationships. I have read this particular book twice now and intend to use it often as my daughter grows. Definitely worth checking into! 

Parenting in the Age of Attention Snatchers by Lucy Jo Palladino is not a quick read by any stretch. I took my time and read it. It's quite interesting to learn about the different "types" of attentions and how they impact our kids. Very informative and gave me a better understanding of how to deal with technology as my daughter grows. 

Whether you are looking to laugh or just learn, I'm sure there's one here you'll love. If there's one you'd like to recommend for me, I'd love that. I'm always looking for a funny or educational parenting book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment