Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Avocado Chicken Salad

This weekend I experimented with chicken salad. I see so many pins about different types of chicken salad and decided it was time to put my own spin on this classic dish. I tossed around the idea of a curried and avocado chicken salad and decided that I really wanted to go with avocados. I love guac and I love chicken so it just seemed like a great idea. Here is the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken breast but you can bake or grill one chicken breast if need be)
1 avocado, cut into chunks
1 tbs cilantro, chopped
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbs mayo
salt and pepper to taste
squeeze of half a lemon or lime

Recipe:
1. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix.
2. Serve.

Now that is an easy recipe! I chose to serve my chicken salad up on some fresh French bread with some Roma tomatoes. I also made this kid friendly by serving it up appetizer style for my tot. She doesn't really care for avocados but I thoroughly enjoyed this easy afternoon lunch.

I chose not to keep this recipe on the small side because I wasn't sure how it would come out. You could always double up or triple this if you want to serve it to a crowd. I also wanted more avocado than chicken and that of course can be altered as well. You'll also notice the almost near absence of mayo. Truthfully, I think I could've omitted the mayo and been okay with it. Like most of my dishes, this is one that can be changed up and multiplied based on your preference.

Let me know if you try it and what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment