Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Garlic Chicken

One of the very first dishes I ever made as an adult was garlic chicken. I remember seeing it on Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals". It was quick, easy, and boy did it taste good! Over the years, it's evolved as I've tweaked the recipe to suit the needs of whatever I'm making that day.

What I recently did was add some red bell peppers because my daughter absolutely adores bell peppers and I have to get a veggie in her meal. It really tasted delicious so I think red bell pepper may become the newest addition to my staple. Here's the recipe for you to try.

Garlic Chicken: 
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp season salt
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tbs veggie oil

Recipe:
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil and add onion and red bell pepper. Saute until onions are translucent.
2. Add garlic and saute for about a minute.
3. Add chicken and spices.
4. Cook for about 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of pieces you cut) until chicken is cooked through. Serve.

Simple, right? It's probably one of the best dishes I've made and it's sooooo quick! Because this recipe is so versatile, you can pair it with just about anything! Most recently, I paired it with oven roasted broccoli and rice pilaf.  I've transformed the garlic chicken with Italian spices for Chicken Alfredo. I've given it a Mexican kick for tacos or fajitas. It's also been the base of my Harissa Chicken. You can do so much because this recipe lends itself to any and all flavor palettes.

Go ahead and try this and let me know what you think! I know you're gonna love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment