One chicken breast cut into tiny bite size pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
Panko bread crumbs
1 cup spice mix-(I used cajun seasoning mixed with Mrs. Dash)
1 cup flour
1 1/2 - 2 cups veggie oil for frying
1. Cut and season bite size chicken pieces with 1/4 cup of spice mix.
2. Using 3 shallow dishes, pour flour/bread crumbs/egg into each dish separately.
3. In egg dish, add splash of water and mix.
4. Season flour and bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of spice mix each.
5. One by one, dip the chicken bites into the flour, then the egg, and finally the bread crumbs.
6. Once dipped, place chicken on a plate to await frying.
7. Heat oil to medium high heat in a large skillet.
8. Once heated, add chicken to oil carefully. Make sure not to crowd the pan.
9. Fry until chicken is browned on both sides.
10. Remove from oil and place on plate that is lined with paper towels (to drain excess oil).
1/2 bag frozen fries
remaining 1/4 cup spice mix from Chicken Nuggets
1. Fry or Bake french fries according to package instructions.
2. Once out of oven/skillet, coat with spice mixture.
And that's it! While it seems like this requires a lot of steps, it's not too bad. I probably prepped and cooked everything in under an hour. What I'd like to do is precut some chicken into bite size pieces and have them bagged in ziplock baggies so that they are all ready to go next time. That would really help save some time!
What I love about this recipe is that you can change the flavors up. I chose to make this Cajun spiced because that's what I'm feeling right now but you can do a Tex-Mex flavor or even Italian or Asian inspired. The sky is the limit and that's what's so great about making these types of dishes at home. YOU control the ingredients and can tailor it to your needs or your kids' needs. My daughter absolutely loves this dish and it is now in our regular rotation at home.
Be sure to try this out and let me know what you did differently! I love getting feedback on recipes!