Monday, February 29, 2016

Ellen's Aunt Bennie's Olive Spaghetti Salad

One of my former coworker's used to bring this delicious olive spaghetti salad to work. Everytime I saw that bowl of salad, I'd pile my plate high and feast for the next couple days. Luckily she gave me the recipe which I will share with you now.

Ingredients:
12 oz package vermicelli
1 tbs accent
2 tbs season salt
3 tbs lemon juice
4 tbs veggie oil
1 cup chopped celery or 1 tbs celery seed
1/2  cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 small jar chopped pimentos
1 small can chopped ripe olives
1 1/2 cup mayo

Directions:
1. Cook, drain and rinse vermicelli.
2. Mix accent, season salt, lemon juice, veggie oil, and vermicelli. Leave to marinate overnight.
3. In the morning, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.

I know exactly what you're thinking. Why is this so simple?! I have no clue. It is a bit fatty but eat in moderation. I added some protein and only ate about 1/2 cup of salad a time. This dish was superb and I made sure to share with my coworkers. If you have a potluck coming up, here's an idea for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment