Sunday, February 21, 2016

Book Review: On Lone Star Trail by Amanda Cabot

On Lone Star Trail by Amanda Cabot
(Texas Crossroads: Book 3)

Genre: Christian Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Revell, a division of Baker Group
Published on February 2, 2016
# of pages: 368
The Future Starts When You Let Go of the Past
"She wasn't looking for love at Rainbow's End, just a change of scenery and a chance to rest"

Sometimes our past tries desperately to navigate our future. But what if facing our fear and going against our protective impulses is the key to our future? In Amanda Cabot's final book in her Texas Crossroads series, an unlikely couple discovers that their differences just might be what bring them together. 



Gillian Hodge was heading toward a fulfilling life as a concert pianist when her dreams and career were shattered by a motorcyclist. Now she once again faces an encounter with a motorcyclist whose bike crashes in front of her. 



TJ Benjamin, who has been wandering around the country on his motorcycle, is recovering from the death of his beloved wife and feeling lost in both his life and his faith. When he finds himself stranded with a busted bike and a reluctant rescuer, he has to wonder about God's sense of humor. Can a woman with and uncertain future and a man running to forget his past find love at Rainbow's End? Or are they too tied to the way life used to be? These vivid characters develop and grow while readers enjoy the beautiful Texas setting. 
BUY LINKS:

Amanda Cabot is the bestselling author of the Texas Dreams series, the Westward Winds series, Christmas Roses, At Bluebonnet Lake, and In Firefly Valley. Her books have been finalists for the ACFW Carol Awards and the Booksellers' Best Awards. She lives in Wyoming. 

BLOG        WEBSITE         FACEBOOK          TWITTER
If you've read any of my previous review, you know I don't read too many Christian Romances. I do love a good Contemporary Romance though and On Lone Star Trail delivered just that! On Lone Star Trail follows two main characters: Gillian and TJ. Gillian is a former concert pianist that is looking for an escape. TJ is a widower looking to finish his late wife's bucket list. Their paths cross when TJ crashes his motorcycle in front of Gillian. With the help of Gillian, TJ finds himself at Rainbow's End, the resort owned by Gillian's friend Kate, awaiting the repair of his motorcycle. As both Gillian and TJ take solace in Rainbow's End, they also start on a journey of discovery and faith.


What I absolutely loved about On Lone Star Trail was the journey. I could see the struggles of both TJ and Gillian and relate them to inner struggles of my own. I could feel the pain they both experienced by their losses. Amanda Cabot has a way with words and she really brought this book to life. I really enjoyed the very real journey both TJ and Gillian took with their faith. I know many people who have lost faith only to restore it after a difficult journey.


The other characters Gillian and TJ encountered also helped to create a very real portrayal of us Texans. I like to think I could have walked into Rainbow's End and had breakfast with the characters. That's what I look for in any book. If I can find myself in your world, I would say your book is a success!


I would say all in all, On Lone Star Trail by Amanda Cabot is a must read for any booklover. It's written so well and has such a great story. It also delivers a great message to any and everyone.


Check out these other great blogs on the tour!
2/11 My Book Fix Blog – Author Interview
2/12  The Crazy Booksellers – Promo
2/13  Missus Gonzo – Review
2/14  All for the Love of the Word – Promo
2/15  Hall Ways Blog – Promo
2/16  Books and Broomsticks – Promo
2/17  Because This is My Life Y'all – Review
2/18  Blogging for the Love of Authors and Their Books – Promo
2/19  The Page Unbound – Promo
2/20  Book Crazy Gals – Promo
2/21  It's a Jenn World  – Review
2/22  Belle Whittington on Tumblr – Promo
2/23  A Novel Reality – Promo
2/24  Secret Asian Girl – Review
2/25  The Librarian Talks -- Review
 Blog Tour Services Provided By:


4 comments:

  1. I love what you said about if you can find yourself in the world the author has written, then it's a good book. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn -- You made my heart sing this morning! I'm absolutely delighted that my characters felt real to you, since that is -- of course -- my goal as an author. Let's meet for breakfast at Rainbow's End. Carmen's sure to have something delicious on the menu, especially since it's Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'm glad you liked my review. I really truly loved this book! I am also proud to say my library system carries your books so I'll be reading and recommending to our customers! :)

      Delete