Friday, January 29, 2016

Book Review: Omens by Kelley Armstrong

"A bad omen is a warning. A sign to stop and reconsider. Proceed with caution."


Olivia Taylor-Jones lives the good life. Daughter from a wealthy family, and engaged to the perfect man, Olivia seems to be living the life that dreams are made of. That is until she realizes she's adopted. Her name is really Eden Larsen and she is the daughter of Todd and Pamela Larsen, two of Chicago's most notorious serial killers. As the world around her starts to fall apart, Olivia sees no option but to leave town and try and make sense of everything.

Omens by Kelley Armstrong was a recommended book to me. I had spent most of my holidays reading romances and just needed something a tad different. Boy did I get that with Omens. It is not just a mystery either. It's got elements of humor in it as well as mystic. I wouldn't dare say paranormal just yet but it's there are some paranormal elements to it as well. Omens reads very fast and very well. Kelley Armstrong is a master with words in my opinion. I haven't read any of her other works, but if they are anything like Omens, I'll be reading them very soon.

Would I recommend Omens to you? Yes! It's part one of a series (not sure how many yet) but it's oh so good! Give it a go and let me know what you think. I haven't read anything similar to this so I don't have any recommended read a likes yet, but let's hope that changes soon shall we? Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I may consider it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing read! I am all caught up on the series now and can't wait for the next one to come out!

      Delete