This past week we played Tennessee and WON! Thank goodness because I was starting to feel down on the whole season. The win helped me feel better going into the bye week. For this event, we didn't plan anything because it was Halloween and also we had birthdays in the family. I still made something and I'd love to share the recipe for Halloween Mini Cupcakes!
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
3. Add egg, milk, and vegetable oil and mix until all ingredients incorporated.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix.
4. Bake until you can smell the cupcakes. That's about 10 minutes for mini cupcakes and maybe 15 for regular size (depending on your oven).
The icing and decorations you see are all store bought. I wasn't in the mood to make icing so I bought regular white icing, red sparkly icing (in a tube), and the knife cake toppers. To decorate, all you do is ice all of your cupcakes. For the serial killer ones, I just placed the knives in the center and used my red sparkly icing to make the blood splat. No real technique here. Just do whatever you want. For the vampire bites, I just took my red icing and set the tip in the icing and squeezed icing out as I removed the tip. Very quick and easy and everyone loved them!