Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 4: Houston Texans @ Atlanta Falcons

On yesterday's menu: peach cobbler. I debated on making a main course dish but you can't visit Georgia without having a peach. For this recipe, I scoured the internet and found Sweet State of Mine. Her blog is about visiting all states via food. She had a very easy home recipe for peach cobbler so I decided to try it. The recipe is:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
pinch of salt
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
1. Melt butter in a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk stirring until all ingredients are moistened. Pour over butter. DO NOT MIX.
3. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Again, pour over batter and DO NOT MIX.
4. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Let me tell you something, I am by no means a fruit dessert person so I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. That being said, EVERYONE else loved it! The crust baked up over the peaches so it was just warm and gooey with a nice crunchy edge. And you can't serve peach cobbler without a scoop of ice cream and we are lucky to have Blue Bell back so that's what we used.

We got our butts kicked and so it was nice to have this dessert to help us get through how horribly we played!

No comments:

Post a Comment